Oboulo.com offers documents which include book reviews written by students, teachers, and professionals from various fields. There are a wide range of book reviews published on the website which include Literature, Fiction and various other subjects.. The papers that you can access from Oboulo.com are reviewed by an expert committee to ensure that the documents meet good quality standards. The following tips will help you write a good book review.
How to write a book review
A book review is a critical appraisal of a book where the reviewer analyzes the content, subject, purpose, and style of the book. Book reviews give the prospective readers a glimpse of what to expect in the book and also shows them what others felt about it. The analysis that is presented in a book review is that of the reviewer and is, therefore, subjective in nature and depends much on the perceptions of the reviewer. The following paragraphs contain pointers that are helpful while writing a book review.
- Begin the review by mentioning the facts about the book such as the title of the book, name of the author, price of the book, name of the publishing company, and the genre the book belongs to.
- Introduce the author to your readers. Talk briefly about the author and the previous published works of the author.
- Introduce the book to your readers. Give a background of the book that you are reviewing, explain what the title means, and mention how the book is relevant to the genre it belongs to.
- Summarize the contents of the book. Create a right balance between the summary and the description; do not narrate the entire book because the work of writing is more successful if the suspense is retained till the end. Maintain the essence of the book throughout the description.
- Analyze the book. Give your view on the following points and present your arguments convincingly:
- The audience that the book is intended for
- The theme of the book
- The plot and the characters
- The style and language of writing
Interpret and critique through research!
Research the background of the author, and the subjects and plot that the author has employed. It helps you to gain an insight into the author's mind and perspective, and enables you to present a well-rounded review.
- Start Publishing your documents !
- Download the documents you want !
- And many other benefits !
«Malcolm X the creator of the black social trend of the wartime. The hipster subculture. Zoot suiters and hipsters. The conk. An important aspect of Malcolm’s transformation: Urban dance. The World War Two. The historical approach of the...»
«Robin Davis Gibran Kelley (born in 1962) is a professor of American Studies & Ethnicity at the University of Southern California. In his essay 'The Riddle of the Zoot-Malcolm Little and Black Cultural Politics during World War II', he analyzed how...»
«The living emerges from the non living. Some resistance to the idea in analytic circles. ''The undeniable existence of evil''. Conclusion....»
«To understand Freud's discussion of the death wish or « death instinct » in chapter VI of Civilization and its Discontents, suffice it to start with a paradox. The work of culture is placed under the authority of Eros, of a life force that aims at...»
«Introduction. Review. Conclusion....»
«Catherine and Zoe Petre Durandin question the sense that one gives to democratic transition. Democratic transition in the book is presented as a concept but also as an effective policy implementation. This idea will be the theme of the book and...»
«The national interest, at the root of the concept of national security. Scope and implications of the concept of national security....»
«In this text written in 1952, Arnold Wolfers tries to point out the scope of the concept of national security, its meaning and its various implications as well as the way the states deal, and should deal, with it. We will first clarify the evolution...»
«Definition of the terms liberalism and fascism. The authority in Hobbes' view of the world. All power into a single sovereign. A government that monitors and controls forms of public media....»
«Hobbes contends that the human state of nature exists where every man is at war with every other man and in order to free ourselves from this state, we must relinquish all of our rights to one unified authority. The intention of this sovereign body...»