Oboulo.com offers various documents written by students, teachers, and professionals from various fields. The documents available at the website will help you in improving the subject-matter and presentation of your idea. The papers that you can access from Oboulo.com are all reviewed by an expert committee to ensure that the documents meet the quality standards. Preparing a good resume is very important and is also a challenge. The following tips will help you in drafting an impressive resume.
How to write a resume
A resume is a summary of your education and your work experience. It is where you showcase your academic achievements, display your career skills, and give an indication of who you are professionally. It is not enough to only be the best candidate as it is also important to ensure that you ideally suit for the job. Your resume is the place where you present yourself in such a manner as to create an impression in the mind of the reader that you are someone whom they can consider favorably for a job opening. Your resume goes a long way in getting you that interview call that gives you a chance to make a face-to-face impression. Till then, your resume speaks for you. The following pointers will be useful to write a resume.
Do not write an epic!
Despite its dictionary definition, your curriculum vitae (resume) is not a history of your life. Include only as much information that is relevant for the position you are applying for. Any resume that goes beyond three A4-sized sheets is likely to lose the attention of the reader.
- Be completely truthful. Do not fudge facts. If your resume is not accurate, and is found to be so during the recruitment process or during background verifications checks, you stand to lose your job and your reputation.
- List your academic qualifications, starting with your highest qualification. If you have continued to "learn" beyond college then list the additional certifications that are relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Give an employment history, starting with the most recent job. Mention your noteworthy achievements, key result areas, and responsibilities in your previous positions.
- Summarize your significant professional achievements in the past five years, and show how the skills and expertise you used and acquired in the process will help the company if they hire you.
- List your extra-curricular activities only if such activities are relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Make sure your resume is free from spelling and grammatical errors. It might be a good idea to ask someone else to proofread your resume before you send it.
- Start Publishing your documents !
- Download the documents you want !
- And many other benefits !